A place for Madison County Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, to find fun in Granite City, Edwardsville, Glen Carbon, Alton, Godfrey, O'Fallon, Collinsville, and much more!
- Take the Great River Road between the Mississippi and towering bluffs for a breathtaking drive. There are several towns and parks to stop at along the way.
- Stop at the Elsah general store for pure maple syrup, 25 flavors of vintage bottled soda, old fashion stick candy, frozen custard treats, collectibles, and retro toys, gooey butter cakes, pastries, fresh loaf breads, chocolates, and kettle chips
- TreeHouse Wildlife Center is a great spot for the whole family to view rescued wildlife.
- Between Alton and Grafton lies Olin Nature Preserve. This preserve has a variety of scenic trails for even the littlest legs. (They close for the winter but reopen April 1.)
- Stop at the river for a view of the lighthouse.
- Located within 8,000+ acre State Park, Pere Marquette Lodge (Grafton, IL) offers an experience with nature while still having modern amenities. Also has pool, sauna, hot-tub, restaurant, winery, and cabins.
- Just north of Grafton lies Pere Marquette State Park. See the panoramic views from one of the many hiking trails or enjoy the viewpoints on the scenic drive.
- The Grafton Zipline combines the view, a couple rope bridges, trails and a surprise ending. Go from bluff to bluff traveling at a max speed of 35 mph. Overview the confluence of the Mississippi and Illinois River.
- Located in downtown Grafton, Grafton SkyTour scenic aerial-lift provides guests with a ride above the bluffs. Visitors view the the confluence of the Illinois and Mississippi Rivers. At the top, guests can spend time taking in the expansive views while visiting Aerie’s Resort.